Tea Money, guidance for all members and class secretaries (this only applies once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted). There is a little confusion about tea money which the following might clarify. The idea is that each session attendees are requested to DONATE a gold coin, preferably $2, to cover tea or coffee and biscuits.(SOME classes prefer to do something similar but pay a lump sum at the start of each semester to avoid fiddling with cash each session.) Classes generally have a surplus in their tea money fund each semester. Out of this ‘social fund’ we cover REGIONAL costs, such as:
- Our Annual Leaders’ Lunch held at Hornsby RSL Club for about sixty leaders as a thank you for all their work throughout the year.
- The AGM, attended last year by more than 100, at which a substantial afternoon tea is provided
- The Welcome to New (or prospective) Members at which we showcase courses with a series of short lectures by course presenters. We also provide an afternoon tea.
- Occasionally reimbursing presenters for costs such as photocopying etc
- .Class members may also wish to give a small gift to their course presenter at the end of the term or the year.
- After any reimbursements and/or money for a small gift for the presenter, class secretaries are requested to hand over the remaining tea money each semester. Please contact Upper North Secretary, Marilyn Pryor on 0414 493 415 or email Upper North Treasurer, Jane Cooper on email@example.com for banking details.