Welcome to U3A Upper North Region
The Upper North region covers mainly the Local Government areas of Hornsby and Ku-ring-gai. Face-to-face courses are held in Berowra, Castle Hill, Epping, Eastwood, Gordon, Hornsby, Killara, Lindfield, Pennant Hills, Pymble, St Ives, Turramurra, Wahroonga, and Waitara.
Course and Events Book 2021, changes to course book
The new course book has now been published. However there are some changes to the Upper North Section of the course book that you need to be aware of.
CHANGES TO CURRENT COURSES
Because of evolving Covid-19 situation, some changes have occurred since the Course Book went to print in December. For example some courses were listed as face to face but have since changed to zoom.
Click on the link of the side bar, Courses — Face to Face and Courses — via Zoom and email for the latest status of Upper North courses.
A Covid-19 safe plan for venues has been prepared for when we return to face to face teaching.
Please check what Zoom sessions are available in the Upper North Region on the Course via Zoom/email side bar. If you are reading this on your i-phone the panels are at the bottom of the screen.
Zoom can be set up quite easily on your home computer, or your Apple or Android device. Click here for instructions
Upper North Newsletter
Upper North newsletter, March 2021 If you haven’t received the latest copy please check as it may have been captured in your junk email folder. We also take this opportunity to issue a friendly reminder to contact us with your updated details if you change your email address, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our newsletter archive
As we are resuming face-to-face sessions, here are a few reminders about meeting protocols:
- All venues will have a Covid-19 safety plan. Please adhere to all instructions given to you regarding this plan.
- Please remember to wear your name tags when attending U3A events. Name tags must be worn so that we can verify you are a paid up member.
- Would all secretaries of courses please forward end of year rolls to Marilyn Pryor. Contact: 9449 3415, email@example.com
- Course leader please note that if there have been changes to the people assisting with the running of your course, could they please remember to let the course coordinator know.
- Are you having problems getting to U3A classes because of mobility issues? Please be aware that you may be eligible to take advantage of the Australian Government’s My Aged Care service which can provide you with transport options if you are unable to attend U3A classes. You need to contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 or look at their website, www.myagedcare.gov.au You will be set up initially with an identity number and given a suggested list of providers in your area. There is usually a small charge for transport to and from the venue.
Notification of change of contact details
If you have changed your email address or phone number, could you please inform Central Office on firstname.lastname@example.org
Wanted Course Leaders
Are you interested in running a course for U3A? Do you know a lot about a particular topic?
Why not impart your knowledge to an audience of enthusiastic U3A members. Contact Grahame Marr on email@example.com, Marilyn Pryor, 9449 3415.
Voluntary contributions (known previously as ‘Tea Money’ – click here to read about voluntary contributions protocols