Welcome to U3A Upper North Region
The Upper North region covers mainly the Local Government areas of Hornsby and Ku-ring-gai. Face-to-face courses are held in Berowra, Castle Hill, Epping, Eastwood, Gordon, Hornsby, Killara, Lindfield, Pennant Hills, Pymble, St Ives, Turramurra, Wahroonga, and Waitara.
Face-to-face courses returning to a venue near you
Course leaders, venue coordinators, Upper North committee members and course coordinators have been working very hard putting together a program for 2021. We are offering person-to-person/face-to-face and zoom courses.
We will be offering many of your favourite courses in a selection of venues including Berowra Community Centre, Epping Leisure and Learning Centre, Epping Uniting Church, Gordon Library, Hornsby Leisure and Learning Centre, Lindfield Senior Citizens Resource Centre, Pymble Uniting Church, St Ives Uniting Church, Turramurra South Uniting Church, Turramurra Uniting Churches, and a small number of private homes.
A Covid-19 safe plan for venues has been prepared for when we return to face to face teaching.
Check the side bars, Courses — Face to Face for the latest information.
Course and Events Book, 2021
The 2021 Course and Events Book will be ready in the middle of January. Members will receive an emailed pdf copy. It will also be available on the website for you to download and print. www.sydneyu3a.org
If, as requested, you have indicated your preference for a printed copy at an additional cost of $10 p.a. (paid when you renew membership), it will be mailed to you directly from the printers.
Course delivery in 2021
As you are aware, the COVID-19 pandemic has reduced our ability to provide all our course face to face at physical venues. Consequently, we need to deliver some courses online, mainly using Zoom. Details of course delivery and locations may change after the course book is printed. Once you have registered for a course, you will be advised of any changes to the location or delivery method. Please also refer to this website and newsletters for updated information.
Please check what Zoom sessions are available in the Upper North Region on the Course via Zoom/email side bar. If you are reading this on your i-phone the panels are at the bottom of the screen.
Zoom can be set up quite easily on your home computer, or your Apple or Android device. Click here for instructions
Upper North Newsletter
Upper North newsletter January 2021 If you haven’t received the latest copy please check as it may have been captured in your junk email folder. We also take this opportunity to issue a friendly reminder to contact us with your updated details if you change your email address, contact: email@example.com
Visit our newsletter archive
Annual General Meeting, Upper North
In 2021 we are having a joint AGM and Showcases of Courses/Welcome to New Members. It will be held on 8 February at Turramurra Uniting Church.
For more details on the AGM/Showcase refer to the ‘Our News’ sidebar.
There will be a number of positions vacant on the committee in 2021. If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please contact Grahame Marr, 0447580088 firstname.lastname@example.org
As we are resuming face-to-face sessions, here are a few reminders about meeting protocols:
- All venues will have a Covid-19 safety plan. Please adhere to all instructions given to you regarding this plan.
- Please remember to wear your name tags when attending U3A events. Name tags must be worn so that we can verify you are a paid up member.
- Would all secretaries of courses please forward end of year rolls to Marilyn Pryor. Contact: 9449 3415, marilynpryor7
- Course leader please note that if there have been changes to the people assisting with the running of your course, could they please remember to let the course convenor know.
- Are you having problems getting to U3A classes because of mobility issues? Please be aware that you may be eligible to take advantage of the Australian Government’s My Aged Care service which can provide you with transport options if you are unable to attend U3A classes. You need to contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 or look at their website, www.myagedcare.gov.au You will be set up initially with an identity number and given a suggested list of providers in your area. There is usually a small charge for transport to and from the venue.
Notification of change of contact details
If you have changed your email address or phone number, could you please inform Central Office on email@example.com
Wanted Course Leaders
Are you interested in running a course for U3A? Do you know a lot about a particular topic?
Why not impart your knowledge to an audience of enthusiastic U3A members. Contact either Grahame Marr on firstname.lastname@example.org or Pauline Holbrook on email@example.com
Voluntary contributions (known previously as ‘Tea Money’ – click here to read about voluntary contributions protocols