Welcome to U3A Upper North Region
The Upper North region covers mainly the Local Government areas of Hornsby and Ku-ring-gai. Face-to-face courses are held in Berowra, Castle Hill, Epping, Eastwood, Gordon, Hornsby, Killara, Lindfield, Pennant Hills, Pymble, St Ives, Turramurra, Wahroonga, and Waitara.
This month’s photos of our area are from Bobbin Head, Ku-ring-gai National Park.
Zoom courses are taking off
We have plenty of Zoom courses for members to attend. Please check what Zoom sessions are available in the Upper North Region on the Zoom/email side panel. If you are reading this on your i-phone the panels are at the bottom of the screen.
Zoom can be set up quite easily on your home computer, or your Apple or Android device. Click here for instructions
We have a few courses which are now running face-to-face. Please note that numbers in each class are limited as per social distance regulations. Please check the Face-to-Face side panel for contact emails and phone numbers.
A Covid-19 safe plan for venues has been prepared for when we return to face to face teaching.
Upper North Newsletter
Upper North Newsletter September 2020 If you haven’t received the latest copy please check as it may have been captured in your junk email folder. We also take this opportunity to issue a friendly reminder to contact us with your updated details if you change your email address, contact: email@example.com
Visit our newsletter archive
U3A Upper North Venues
This month we are featuring Berowra Community Centre
Berowra Community Centre is set in pleasant country surroundings, has plenty of parking and a balcony back room. Photograph and information provided by Joan Scott who has been running a science course there for many years.
The Landings, U3A – North Turramurra
Due to the Covid 19 (regulated social distancing) and our future clubhouse remodeling/renovations (construction noise, workers and safety aspects) we very much regret to announce the postponement of all U3A speaker sessions until further notice.
But WE ARE COMING BACK!
Please contact me if you have any queries or if I can be of assistance at any time.
Wendy Bull, firstname.lastname@example.org
Events in 2020
Upper North AGM
The Upper North Annual General Meeting was held on Monday 18th November. Click here to read a report on the meeting.
Notification of change of contact details
If you have changed your email address or phone number, could you please inform Central Office on email@example.com
Wanted Course Leaders
Are you interested in running a course for U3A? Do you know a lot about a particular topic?
Why not impart your knowledge to an audience of enthusiastic U3A members. Contact either Grahame Marr on firstname.lastname@example.org or Pauline Holbrook on email@example.com
As we are tentatively resuming face-to-face sessions, here are a few reminders about meeting protocols:
- All venues will have a Covid-19 safety plan. Please adhere to all instructions given to you regarding this plan
- Morning tea – Because of Covid-19 restrictions, morning tea will not be served at the face-to-face meetings. Please note you are welcome to bring your own tea/coffee/biscuits.
- Please remember to wear your name tags when attending U3A events. Name tags must be worn so that we can verify you are a paid up member.
- Would all secretaries of courses please forward end of year rolls to Marilyn Pryor. Contact: 9449 3415, marilynpryor7
- Course leader please note that if there have been changes to the people assisting with the running of your course, could they please remember to let the course convenor know.
- Are you having problems getting to U3A classes because of mobility issues? Please be aware that you may be eligible to take advantage of the Australian Government’s My Aged Care service which can provide you with transport options if you are unable to attend U3A classes.You need to contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 or look at their website, www.myagedcare.gov.au You will be set up initially with an identity number and given a suggested list of providers in your area. There is usually a small charge for transport to and from the venue.
AV assistant required
We are looking for a volunteer to help our IT/AV guru, Gerald Sabel, with a view to eventually taking over, the setting up and running of the AV equipment for courses currently held at Turramurra Uniting Church.
If you think you have the skills required, or you need more information, please contact Gerald at: firstname.lastname@example.org
A big thank you to Ku-ring-gai Council
Our region has been fortunate to receive a community grant from Ku-ring-gai Council totalling $1922.
The generous amount has made possible the purchase of a range of audio-visual equipment for use in a variety of presentations and venues.
Thanks to the Council on behalf of all our members.