Welcome to U3A Upper North Region
The Upper North region covers mainly the Local Government areas of Hornsby and Ku-ring-gai. Face-to-face courses are held in Berowra, Castle Hill, Epping, Eastwood, Gordon, Hornsby, Killara, Lindfield, Pennant Hills, Pymble, St Ives, Turramurra, Wahroonga, and Waitara.
Courses and Events 2022
Courses Semester 2
- Courses have resumed face-to-face. We can assure our members that we will be following NSW health and venue guidelines when presenting
- Read, print or download the Upper North section of the new course book by clicking on the blue button labelled “Our Courses” on the left or the bottom of this page
- Changes to the program are listed via the blue button labelled “Course Book Changes” on the left or the bottom of this page.
- Zoom courses are listed at the beginning of the course book, and have not been included in the Upper North section. Check Zoom Courses on the top menu bar for a complete listing
- Continuing Courses – those which continue the topic or theme weekly, fortnightly or monthly – for example, languages, music, photography, psychology – are listed separately on broad topic area. Click on this link to access these continuing courses
- Click here for instructions on setting up Zoom on your computer or device
Meet our lecturers
COVID-19 and Sydney U3A
During the pandemic Sydney U3A is complying with government, local council and venue restrictions on meetings and events. Click here for more information on how we are safeguarding your health.
Upper North Newsletter
If you haven’t received the latest copy please check as it may have been captured in your junk email folder. We also take this opportunity to issue a friendly reminder to contact us with your updated details if you change your email address, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our newsletter archive
As we are resuming face-to-face sessions, here are a few reminders about meeting protocols:
- All venues will have a Covid-19 safety plan. Please adhere to all instructions given to you regarding this plan.
- Please wear your name tags when attending U3A events. Name tags must be worn so that we can verify you are a paid up member.
- Course secretaries – please forward end of year rolls to Marilyn Pryor. Contact: 0414 493 415, email@example.com
- Course leaders – if there have been changes to the people assisting with the running of your course, please remember to let the course coordinator know.
- Are you having problems getting to U3A classes because of mobility issues? You may be eligible to take advantage of the Australian Government’s My Aged Care service which can provide you with transport options. Contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 or look at their website, www.myagedcare.gov.au. You will be set up with an identity number and given a suggested list of providers in your area. There is usually a small charge for transport to and from the venue.
Notification of change of contact details
If you have changed your email address or phone number, could you please inform Central Office on firstname.lastname@example.org
Wanted – Course Leaders
Are you interested in running a course for U3A? Do you know a lot about a particular topic? Why not impart your knowledge to an audience of enthusiastic U3A members. Contact Grahame Marr on email@example.com, or Marilyn Pryor, 0414 493 415.
Click here to read about voluntary contributions protocols