It is important to follow the NSW Government / Northern Beaches Council guidelines so that we all stay safe. The regulations were updated to take effect from Friday 12 February and are noted below:
- Each course or presentation will need to be pre-booked either by phone or email – sorry, no booking, no entry! See the current Course Book for booking details.
- Each venue will have a strict limit on the number of participants as the 2 square metre rule per person needs to be strictly observed. The venue/course limit will be noted at the venue entrance. Dance/exercise class sizes remain at 30 attendees maximum, unless the 2 square metre rule is less than 30.
- Check in is required at all venues – this is most important as follow up may be necessary by NSW Health if any COVID-19 cases are detected. Service NSW QR Codes will be on posters in all venues and can be accessed via your smartphone – on entry, please show that you have checked in. If you do not have a smartphone and are unable to use the QR Code your details must be recorded on a contact tracing sheet which will be available at the entrance.
- Your temperature will be taken before entering the venue. If your temperature is above 37 degrees you will not be able to attend.
- Masks are not compulsory but are highly recommended for Community Centres where social distancing is not always possible.
- Hot water facilities for drinks are now usable at some venues although washing up isn’t allowed. U3A will supply paper cups or you can BYO cup/mug. Alternatively it’s BYO coffee/tea – please take your empties with you.
- Please practise good hand washing – additionally, hand sanitiser will be available at each venue.
- Please assist your leader by wiping down your chair/table after use – antiseptic wipes will be provided.
- Remember to maintain social distancing by keeping 1.5metres apart.
- It is recommended that members attending courses download the COVIDSafe app to their mobile phone.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY, please stay home and avoid contact with others if you are feeling at all unwell.