Northern Beaches Courses
We are pleased to present the Semester 2 Course Book and we hope you can find something of interest amongst the numerous courses on offer. Although we are still working with COVID-19 we are hopeful there won’t be too many interruptions or changes to the program. If changes or corrections to the Course Book are needed they will be listed on the ‘Changes to Current Courses‘ link on the sidebar so please be sure to check and update your copy of the book.
It is important to remember that each course or presentation will need to be
pre-booked either by email or phone.
The Course Book contains details of a wide variety of courses – some run for several weeks or through the entire semester and some are single presentations. In the Northern Beaches region there are five lecture series:
* Tuesdays at the Tramshed (monthly)
* Curly Questions in Science (alternate Tuesdays)
* Topics of Interest at Newport (last Tuesday and first Wednesday each month)
* Thursdays at North Curl Curl (weekly) … and
* Fridays in the Forest (monthly)
If you click on the relevant title link you will be able to view each of these programs. Due to COVID-19 we still need to have limited numbers at our venues; therefore bookings for lectures can only be accepted for ONE MONTH AHEAD. We hope you understand that by doing this we can give all members the same opportunity for booking individual presentations. The only exception to this is if the lecture series continues for more than one session and is on ONE SUBJECT, by the SAME SPEAKER.
A few reminders:
- When booking please provide your name, membership number and phone number.
- If you’ve made a booking then later find you are unable to attend, please contact the booking secretary as your seat can then be offered to another member on the waiting list.
- Please remember to wear your membership badge when attending face to face meetings/events. This keeps everyone honest and enables the booking secretary to verify you are a current member.
- Please also remember to take a cup or mug – we are able to provide tea and coffee but are unable to wash up.
- Some members are giving up their landline, and their mobile phone is the only point of phone contact. To keep our records up to date (especially for COVID tracing), please advise Head Office if you have had your landline disconnected or any other contact changes (home address, email address or phone number/s). Head Office can be contacted by email or by phone on 02 9267 9056; the office is open from 10.00am-1.00pm Monday to Friday.
- If you are considering joining U3A you are entitled to attend two sessions before you need to join.
- If you have any spare time and would like to volunteer for a role assisting our venue coordinators or leaders, please put up your hand. U3A is an organisation run entirely by volunteers and the more helpers we have the better it is for the benefit of all.