Northern Beaches Courses
Our 2022 Semester 2 Course Book is now available and we are looking forward to seeing you at some of our exciting courses.
A wide range of Zoom courses is also available (four from our region) and the full program can be viewed from page 52 of the full U3A Sydney course book.
Now that COVID-19 restrictions have eased we are hoping there won’t be too many changes to the course book. However, if we become aware of any changes or corrections these will be noted on the Current Course Changes link on the sidebar.
Our ‘yellow leaflet’ (a precis of all Semester 2 courses) is now available and you can download a copy here.
Courses and presentations will need to be pre-booked (except where noted) either by email or phone.
The Course Book contains details of a wide variety of courses – some run for several weeks or through the entire semester and some are single presentations. In the Northern Beaches region there are five lecture series:
* Tuesdays at the Tramshed (monthly)
* Curly Questions in Science (alternate Tuesdays)
* Topics of Interest at Newport (last Tuesday and first Wednesday each month)
* Thursdays at North Curl Curl (weekly) … and
* Fridays in the Forest (monthly)
If you click on the relevant title link above you will be able to view each of these programs.
A few reminders:
- When booking please provide your name, membership number, expiry date and phone number.
- If you’ve made a booking then later find you are unable to attend, please contact the booking secretary as your seat can then be offered to another member on the waiting list.
- Please remember to wear your membership badge when attending face to face meetings/events. This keeps everyone honest and enables the booking secretary to verify you are a current member.
- Please also remember to take a cup or mug – we are able to provide tea and coffee but are unable to wash up.
- Some members are giving up their home landline, and their mobile phone is the only point of phone contact. To keep our records up to date (especially for COVID tracing), please advise Head Office if you have had your landline disconnected or any other contact changes (home address, email address or phone number/s). Head Office can be contacted by email or by phone on 02 9267 9056; the office is open from 10.00am-1.00pm Monday to Friday.
- If you are considering joining U3A you are entitled to attend two sessions before you need to join.
- If you decide to become a member or need to renew your membership full details are available via this link.
- If you have any spare time and would like to volunteer for a role assisting our venue coordinators or leaders, please put up your hand. U3A is an organisation run entirely by volunteers and the more helpers we have the better it is for the benefit of all.