Northern Beaches Courses
Following a very unsettled 2020, we are excited to share with you the Semester 1 2021 Course Book. As you can imagine, a considerable amount of work has taken place to get this finalised and we are hopeful that as many courses as possible will be able to proceed. Due to the current COVID-19 situation which can necessitate changes having to be made at short notice, please be sure to check the ‘Changes to Current Courses‘ button on the sidebar on the Northern Beaches home page.
It is important to remember that each course or presentation will need to be pre-booked either by email or phone.
The Course Book contains details of a wide variety of courses – some run for several weeks or through the entire semester and some are single presentations. In the Northern Beaches region there are five lecture series:
Tuesdays at the Tramshed
Curly Questions in Science (Tuesdays)
Topics of Interest at Newport (Tuesdays and Wednesdays)
Thursday Talks at North Curl Curl … and
Fridays in the Forest.
If you click on the relevant title link you will be able to view each of these programs. Due to COVID-19 we still need to have limited numbers at our venues; therefore bookings for lectures can only be accepted for ONE MONTH AHEAD. We hope you understand that by doing this we can give all members the same opportunity for booking individual presentations. The only exception to this is if the lecture series continues for more than one session and is on ONE SUBJECT, by the SAME SPEAKER.
A few reminders:
- When booking please provide your name, membership number and phone number.
- Please remember to wear your membership badge when attending face to face meetings/events. This keeps everyone honest and enables the booking secretary to verify you are a current member.
- If you’ve made a booking then later find you are unable to attend, please contact the booking secretary as your seat can then be offered to another member on the waiting list.
- If you have changed your email address or phone number, please advise Head Office by email or by phone on 02 9267 9056.
- If you are considering joining U3A you are entitled to attend two sessions before you need to join.
- If you have any spare time and would like to volunteer for a role assisting our venue coordinators or leaders, please put up your hand. U3A is an organisation run entirely by volunteers and the more helpers we have the better it is for the benefit of all.