COVID-19 and Sydney U3A
Sydney U3A is complying with governments’ restrictions on meetings and events. Make yourSELF familiar with the NSW Government Rules. Essential to keep checking this website.
Because of NSW Government lockdown restrictions announced June 26 2021, all U3A face-to-face venues will be closed until Saturday 28 August. Please note that many of the courses are now available through Zoom.
Bookings are essential. Physical distancing and sanitising are practised.
NOTE: Changes to our courses will occur. Check for the latest details on our Coursebook and Updates page or with your course/session leader – the information may differ from the Course Book.
The current regulations are noted below:
- Each course or presentation needs to be pre-booked either by phone, email or online at myU3A as indicated in Course Book.
- Each venue has a strict limit on the number of participants as the 2 square metre rule per person needs to be observed. Contact the course/ presentation LEADER if you are unsure.
- Check-in is required at all venues – this is important as follow up may be necessary by NSW Health if any COVID-19 cases are detected. Service NSW QR Codes will be on posters in all venues and can be accessed via your smartphone – on entry, please show that you have checked in. If you do not have a smartphone and are unable to use the QR Code your details must be recorded on a contact tracing sheet which will be available at the entrance.
- Carry a mask with you. Conditions/ rules change constantly.
- BYO coffee/tea – please take your empties with you.
- Hand sanitiser will be available at each venue.
- Please assist your leader by wiping down your chair/table after use – antiseptic wipes will be provided.
- Remember to maintain physical distancing by keeping 1.5 metres apart.
- Strongly recommend that members attending courses download the NSW Gov App onto their mobile phone.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY, stay home and avoid contact with others if you are feeling unwell.