Welcome to The Greater Western Region – 2020
August 2020. Web Editor: Carmel Liddell
Membership: To join, renew or update and read our online Course Book– click here
The Greater Western Region of Sydney University of The Third Age (Sydney U3A) offers a variety of courses close to home.
- There are no prerequisites and no exams.
- Members simply enjoy learning at their leisure in a friendly, informal atmosphere.
Parramatta,the heart of the Greater Western Region, embraces 31 post codes in a loose circle from Ermington to West Pennant Hills, Castle Hill, Glenhaven, Kenthurst, Kellyville, St Mary’s, Fairfield, Lidcombe and Granville.
Below, mural in Rivoli Way Parramatta
COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) and Sydney U3A
During the pandemic, Sydney U3A is complying with the governments’ restrictions on meetings and events .
- Face-to-face meetings have been cancelled.
- Due to the uncertainty of venues re-opening the U3A will not be printing a Semester 2, 2020 course book.
- Membership will be extended by the period of the shutdown.
- Central Office is currently closed until further notice.
- Although our office is closed the phone (02 9267 9056) is being answered remotely by Sydney U3A’s Office Manager, Lynda Cronshaw.
Coach Holidays 2020
See below for 2021
- Diana Pine’s report and photos on Tamworth 2020 coach holiday now online! Click Diana Pine Report 2020–
Plus- Thank you Ian Keith for the following – click on
- the guitar for a slideshow inside the Tamworth Golden Guitar Museum.
- the statue at McCrossin’s Mill for a slideshow of Captain Thunderbolt paintings by Phillip Pommeroy. (or click here for a page showing the works in a larger format.)
- Bobs Shed.
* Wangaratta 2021 Coach Holiday
Please note that we will be staying in fabulous 4.5 star accommodation. But more importantly all monies paid will be returned in full if the holiday is cancelled.
Greater Western U3A’s AGM
Home Page Archives.