Endeavour (Southern) Region U3A Newsletters
ENDEAVOUR (SOUTHERN) REGION U3A NEWSLETTER
10 March 2020
- REMINDER – The Endeavour AGM will be held at the Cronulla School of Arts, Surf Road, Cronulla, in the upstairs theatrette, this Wednesday 11 March 2020, at 2.00pm. All members are invited to attend. An interesting program is being arranged.
- Members are reminded that a new President will be elected at the Annual General Meeting. Any member of the committee can be approached to indicate your interest in this position or any other committee position. You will find a copy of the nomination form on our website, or by contacting Margaret Durie – ph: 9525 9189 or email email@example.com
- We are calling for volunteers to assist our committee in coursebook co-ordination, venue co-ordination, secretarial duties, meeting minute taking, occasional events such as the 5th Tuesday talks (welcoming guests, distributing flyers etc.), grant applications etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Once again, any member of the committee can be approached or contact us through our website (see link below in item 4).
- Web Editor:
Looking for a walking group? Interested in science? Wondering when the next 5th Tuesday Lecture is? The Endeavour U3A website is being updated regularly with course reports and our coursebook can be found on our website. Visit http://sydneyu3a.org/sydney-u3a/regions/endeavour-southern/ to find out more.
- Any member wishing to hear a talk on Iconic Australian Inventions of Our Time by Ian Thompson at the Cronulla School of Arts upstairs in Theatrette, please contact Jill McLelland on 9524 6506 or jillU3A@outlook.com to book your place. The talk is on Thursday, the 19th March 2020 from 10am to 12 noon.
- The next 5th Tuesday Occasional Lecture will be held on 31st March 2020 so please write this date in your diaries. The speaker is Margaret Durie, and she will give a talk on the story of the Sydney Opera House. All members and guests are invited to attend the lecture to be held at Club on East, East Parade, Sutherland, at 10.00am for a 10.30am start. A small donation is requested to help with costs.
The next U3A Endeavour (Southern) Region committee meeting date will be advised