Welcome to Eastern Region
Coming Up at the COA Centre
We offer stimulating and interesting Friday talks at the COA Centre to our members in the Eastern Region. Join us for our exciting Semester 2 programme, details in the course book.
This Week: The 2nd amendment of the American constitution: the right to bear arms presented by Dr Harry Melkonian, Macquarie Law School
The US population is 325 million; gun ownership is now over 400 million. How many mass killings are there each year and how does it compare to Australia? What is Australia`s firearm policy? Come and hear what is behind the 2nd amendment of the American constitution and its perplexing (to most of us) interpretation.
When: Friday 12 August 10.30 – 12.00
Where: The COA Centre, 25 Rowe St, Woollahra,
200m from Bondi Junction rail and bus (take Grafton St Exit); parking at Westfield – get the app and get 4 hours free.
- Your mask (optional)
- Your U3A / COA membership number
- A friend or two – friends can enjoy two free classes before joining
All U3A members (and guests) are welcome to participate in our talks and courses
- Bookings will be required for all courses during CoVid-19 restrictions. For further information about our CoVid-19 safety plan, click or tap here.
- Non-members who wish to attend more than two talks will be requested to join as members. Cost is $75 p.a.
- Seating is generally available for up to 60 people but government, local council and venue CoVid restrictions will apply
- Morning tea is provided for a $2 donation if CoVid rules allow
- Language courses, current affairs, film discussion, and book groups are held at a variety of venues
- If a course or presentation is delivered via Zoom, members are able to join other regions’ courses