Welcome to Eastern Region
|The Eastern Region covers the Council areas of Woollahra, Waverley, Randwick and Bayside (north of Cook’s River) and is generally defined as all suburbs east of a line from the CBD to the airport. Click here to search for your postcode on the regions’ list.
After the CoVid-19 restrictions of 2020, some face-to-face presentations are resuming and talks delivered via Zoom will also continue. As there are frequent changes due to CoVid restrictions, please continue to check the newsletter and website pages from the left menu for current information.
Annual General Meeting and Election of Office Bearers
Thursday 25 March commencing at 1:30
- All U3A members (and guests) are welcome to participate in our talks and courses
- Bookings will be required for all courses during CoVid-19 restrictions
- Non-members who wish to attend more than two talks will be requested to join as members. Cost is $75 p.a.
- Seating is generally available for up to 60 people but CoVid restrictions will apply
- Morning tea is provided for a $2 donation if CoVid rules allow
- Language courses, current affairs, film discussion, and book groups are held at a variety of venues
- If a course or presentation is delivered via Zoom, members are able to join other regions’ courses
Face-to-face talks are held on
Thursdays 1.30 – 3.00 pm at:
COA hall (terrace house frontage) at 25 Rowe St., Bondi Junction.
Please try to arrive 15 minutes early as QR check-ins take up time.
- It is a flat walk from Bondi Junction bus/train interchange
- It is close to all forms of public transport, and a range of parking option, namely
- Two hour free parking at Westfield Centre (Enter from Grafton St. Try to park close to Tower 1 within the carpark, as its lifts give access to Grafton St.)
- Other parking is available in the large CARE carparks along Grafton St. but costs $12 for 1-2 hrs and $15 for 2-3 hrs.