Welcome to Eastern Region
We offer stimulating and interesting Friday talks at the COA Centre to our members in the Eastern Region. Talks delivered via Zoom will also continue.
The Eastern Region covers the Council areas of Woollahra, Waverley, Randwick and Bayside (north of Cook’s River) and is generally defined as all suburbs east of a line from the CBD to the airport. Click here to search for your postcode on the regions’ list.
COA hall (terrace house frontage) at 25 Rowe St., Bondi Junction
Enquiries: Mary Healy-North
Map and images available here
Friday 18 June – 10:30 am – 12:00 noon
Presenter: Mr Alec Rubinstein – The future of medicine – an exploration of what lies ahead for us
Totally new perspective on medicine and the practical implications for us. We will examine some of the moral dilemmas society will face.
Friday 25 June – 10:30 am – 12:00 noon
Presenter: Mr Thomas Delisi – The Quad – Asia’s response to the expansion of China’s power
As our biggest trading partner, China and Australia are joined at the hip. Over the last year this relationship has become strained as China seeks to become the dominant force in Asia. Is a clash with Australia inevitable? How does it affect us? Come and see.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early as QR check-ins take time. The COA hall is close to all forms of public transport, and a range of parking options:
- Two hour free parking at Westfield Centre (Enter from Grafton St. Try to park close to Tower 2 within the carpark, as its lifts give access to Grafton St.)
- Other parking is available in the large CARE carparks along Grafton St. but costs $12 for 1-2 hrs and $15 for 2-3 hrs.
- Map and photos of COA Hall are accessible here
In-Home Care Presentation
In her 1 April presentation, Amanda Keogh, from Prestige In-Home Care, provided much informative information about applying for and receiving in-home care. Click here to see her presentation.
All U3A members (and guests) are welcome to participate in our talks and courses
- Bookings will be required for all courses during CoVid-19 restrictions
- Non-members who wish to attend more than two talks will be requested to join as members. Cost is $75 p.a.
- Seating is generally available for up to 60 people but CoVid restrictions will apply
- Morning tea is provided for a $2 donation if CoVid rules allow
- Language courses, current affairs, film discussion, and book groups are held at a variety of venues
- If a course or presentation is delivered via Zoom, members are able to join other regions’ courses