Welcome to Eastern Region
We offer stimulating and interesting Friday talks at the COA Centre to our members in the Eastern Region. Talks delivered via Zoom will also continue.
Please be aware of possible changes to courses and talks advertised in the course book. Keep checking the Course Book Changes page.
Because of CoVid restrictions, Friday Talks are postponed
Are You Interested?
ABC TV is seeking volunteer participants aged 65-78 who are keen to dance their way to better health! ABC TV’s flagship science series, Catalyst is looking to recruit 12 volunteer participants (individuals or couples) to take part in an innovative, 12-week, Dance for Health program in Sydney from mid-September through to late December 2021. Click here for further information
The Eastern Region covers the Council areas of Woollahra, Waverley, Randwick and Bayside (north of Cook’s River) and is generally defined as all suburbs east of a line from the CBD to the airport. Click here to search for your postcode on the regions’ list.
In-Home Care Presentation
In her 1 April presentation, Amanda Keogh, from Prestige In-Home Care, provided much informative information about applying for and receiving in-home care. Click here to see her presentation.
When CoVid restrictions ease, all U3A members (and guests) are welcome to participate in our talks and courses
- Bookings will be required for all courses during CoVid-19 restrictions. For further information about our CoVid-19 safety plan, click or tap here.
- Non-members who wish to attend more than two talks will be requested to join as members. Cost is $75 p.a.
- Seating is generally available for up to 60 people but government, local council and venue CoVid restrictions will apply
- Morning tea is provided for a $2 donation if CoVid rules allow
- Language courses, current affairs, film discussion, and book groups are held at a variety of venues
- If a course or presentation is delivered via Zoom, members are able to join other regions’ courses