Welcome to Eastern Region
|The Eastern Region covers the Council areas of Woollahra, Waverley, Randwick and Bayside (north of Cook’s River) and is generally defined as all suburbs east of a line from the CBD to the airport. Click here to search for your postcode on the regions’ list.
After the CoVid-19 restrictions of 2020, some face-to-face presentations are resuming and talks delivered via Zoom will also continue. As there are frequent changes due to CoVid restrictions, please continue to check the newsletter and website pages from the left menu for current information.
In-Home Care Presentation
In her 1 April presentation, Amanda Keogh, from Prestige In-Home Care, provided much informative information about applying for and receiving in-home care. Click here to see her presentation.
Thursdays 1.30 – 3.00 pm:
COA hall (terrace house frontage) at 25 Rowe St., Bondi Junction
Enquiries: Mary Healy-North
Map and images available here
May Gibbs’ Life and Works
Over two weeks April 15th and 22nd, featuring May Gibbs’ life and works, this course will introduce her remarkable output along with the major events in her life. For further information click here
Please arrive 15 minutes early as QR check-ins take time. The COA hall is close to all forms of public transport, and a range of parking options:
- Two hour free parking at Westfield Centre (Enter from Grafton St. Try to park close to Tower 2 within the carpark, as its lifts give access to Grafton St.)
- Other parking is available in the large CARE carparks along Grafton St. but costs $12 for 1-2 hrs and $15 for 2-3 hrs.
- Map and photos of COA Hall are accessible here
All U3A members (and guests) are welcome to participate in our talks and courses
- Bookings will be required for all courses during CoVid-19 restrictions
- Non-members who wish to attend more than two talks will be requested to join as members. Cost is $75 p.a.
- Seating is generally available for up to 60 people but CoVid restrictions will apply
- Morning tea is provided for a $2 donation if CoVid rules allow
- Language courses, current affairs, film discussion, and book groups are held at a variety of venues
- If a course or presentation is delivered via Zoom, members are able to join other regions’ courses