Sydney U3A COVID Protocol Statement
Email from Sydney U3A President to all members, sent on 25 July 2022:
“The latest Omicron variant of Covid appears to be spreading rapidly and Health Authorities are recommending that masks should be worn indoors. The Government is not mandating this. However, we are all in the vulnerable cohort, even if vaccinated and many having had two booster shots.
Although it will not be a condition of entry, we strongly recommend that members bring and wear masks to any sessions that they attend.
We also ask members not to attend classes if feeling sick or required to isolate.
Jennifer Waldron | President | Sydney U3A”
From 6.00pm on 22 April 2022 changes to NSW Government regulations apply:
- You are not required to be fully vaccinated or carry vaccination evidence
- Covid check in is no longer required
- Face masks are not required
Because we have to abide by the rules of each venue, and the willingness of the leaders to participate under these conditions, the following will apply:
- Entry to classes will depend upon the rules of the venue
- If a course leader is unwilling to conduct a class without mask wearing or evidence of vaccination, the class will be unable to go ahead.
This is most unlikely to happen, but it is something we cannot control.
NSW Health also state that people over 60 years and older are at higher risk of severe illness and that is most of us!
Whilst it is lovely that we can meet up again under near normal conditions, we also need to show respect by acting responsibly and staying home if we have symptoms, or have been in close contact.
For further information, click the link below:-