COVID-19 and Sydney U3A
It is important to follow the NSW Government, your local government and venue guidelines so that we all stay safe. The current regulations are noted below:
- Each course or presentation needs to be pre-booked either by phone or email – booking information can be found in the current Course Book.
- Each venue has a strict limit on the number of participants as the 4 square metre rule per person needs to be strictly observed. The venue/course limit will be noted at the venue entrance. Dance/exercise class sizes are limited to 20 attendees maximum, unless the 4 square metre rule is less than 20.
- Check in is required at all venues – this is most important as follow up may be necessary by NSW Health if any COVID-19 cases are detected. Service NSW QR Codes will be on posters in all venues and can be accessed via your smartphone – on entry, please show that you have checked in. If you do not have a smartphone and are unable to use the QR Code your details must be recorded on a contact tracing sheet which will be available at the entrance.
- Masks are compulsory in all indoor non-residential settings and at organised outdoor events.
- Hot water facilities for drinks are now available at most venues although no washing up is allowed. Please remember to take your own cup or mug, although paper cups will be available should you need one. Alternatively it’s BYO coffee/tea – please take your empties with you.
- Please practise good hand washing – additionally, hand sanitiser will be available at each venue.
- Please assist your leader by wiping down your chair/table after use – antiseptic wipes will be provided.
- Remember to maintain social distancing by keeping 1.5metres apart.
- It is recommended that members attending courses download the COVIDSafe app to their mobile phone.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY, please stay home and avoid contact with others if you are feeling at all unwell.