Northern Beaches Courses
Re the COVID-19 Virus (Novel Coronavirus)
With COVID-19 restrictions easing some Council venues are opening for U3A activities. There are a number of rules imposed by the NSW Government/Northern Beaches Council that need to be followed closely. Please take note of these and other general guidelines:
- Each venue will have a strict limit on the number of people able to participate as the four square metre rule per person needs to be observed. The venue limit will be noted next to the name of the course.
- Each course/presentation will need to be pre-booked either by phone or email – No booking, No entry!
- On arrival you will need to complete an attendance sheet with your name and phone number.
- No kitchen facilities will be available but you can BYO coffee/tea – be sure to take your empties with you.
- Please practise good hand washing – additionally, hand sanitiser will be available at each venue.
- Please assist your leader by wiping down your chair/table after use – antiseptic wipes will be provided.
- Remember to maintain social distancing by keeping 1.5metres apart.
- It is recommended that members attending courses download the COVIDSafe app to their mobile phone.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY, please stay home and avoid contact with others if you are feeling at all unwell.
Please help by keeping everyone informed. We have nearly 100 members in our region who don’t have access to the internet. Please check with your contacts and be responsible for passing on any up to date news.
Courses re-opening for face to face meetings:
Friday 3 July, 10.30am: Strolling for Pleasure and Mental Health – Meet at Tramshed bus stop – Details in July newsletter.
Friday 31 July, 10.00am: Fridays at the Forest (28 attendees) – Last Friday each month – the full five-month program can be viewed here.
Sunday 2 August, 11.00am: Opera and Ballet on Sundays (27 attendees) – Fortnightly sessions until 6 December – further details can be viewed here.
Tuesday 4 August, 11.00am: Tuesdays at the Tramshed (27 attendees) – First Tuesday each month – the full five-month program can be viewed here.
Tuesday 11 August, 11.00am: Music of London (27 attendees) – Various dates until 8 December – further details can be viewed here.
Additional to the face to face meetings, ZOOM presentations will be continuing on a fortnightly basis – Thursdays from 10.00-12.00noon. The full program can be viewed here.