Sydney University of the Third Age (Sydney U3A) offers hundreds of intellectually stimulating courses, across seven regions of metropolitan Sydney and across a wide spectrum including the arts, sciences, history, leisure, language, computing and fitness. There are no prerequisites, no exams and no qualifications awarded. If you are retired or semi-retired and enjoy learning and meeting like-minded people, become a member of the U3A family and participate in our activities. Members can attend any course, talk or event in any region provided there is space. To find your local region, click here to search for your postcode on the regions’ list. .
Who are we?
- U3A is a volunteer-based, not-for-profit organisation. Resources are drawn from the members for the members. Members share their knowledge, learn from others, socialise and have a passion for education.
- We are recognised and respected as a post-retirement educational community.
- Our aim is to contribute to the fostering and melding of lifelong learning, creativity, exercise and community interaction so that the third age is truly the age of reinvention, rejuvenation, renewal and redirection.
What’s on offer?
- Sydney U3A offers a program of hundreds of courses, lectures, presentations and social activities, face-to-face and online.
- The topics cover a wide range that reflects the interests of members.
- We have two semesters each year.
- Check the website for our current Course Book.
Who can join?
- If you are no longer working full time, you are eligible.
- There is no minimum or maximum age.
- There is no requirement for prior qualifications.
Where are we?
- Sydney U3A covers the greater Sydney metropolitan area.
- Courses are run at venues across the entire area.
- We are divided into seven regions, based on postcode.
- Our Central Office is at Suite 10.2, St Martin’s Tower, 31 Market St., Sydney, 2000