Sydney U3A Central Office has moved! See our new address
The Third Age
Sydney University of the Third Age (Sydney U3A) offers hundreds of intellectually stimulating courses throughout Sydney.
Sydney U3A courses are a wonderful way to acquire new knowledge and skills in an informal, friendly atmosphere. There are no prerequisites, and no exams.
Whatever your interests, there is a course for you
Languages, literature, drama, poetry, music, theatre, ethics, history, geography, travel, writing, current affairs, personal development, philosophy, science and technology, and computers are just some of our courses.
Other activities include singing groups, learning to play music, yoga, tai chi, bushwalks, bird watching, card games, and restaurant visits.
Sydney U3A has seven regions. U3A members can attend courses in any region, not just their local region. Bookings are essential: the booking details for each course are in the Course Book.
The Third Age
The Third Age is the best time of your life!
- Our First Age is childhood.
- Our Second Age is the mid part of our lives, with the responsibilities of career and family.
- Our Third Age is the best time of our lives. A time when we are free to explore, learn, and share knowledge.
Now is the Time…
- to learn something new
- to keep an active mind
- to meet new friends
Ready, Steady, GO!
Whatever your interest, there is a course for you.
2019 Course Booking Pilot
It has been agreed that Sydney U3A should undertake a pilot scheme for online bookings during Semester 2, 2019. The selected courses are:
- Events tour of St. Mary’s Cathedral led by David Wardle – two tour dates – page 6 of the Semester 2 course book.
- Endeavour Region – Three courses: Cryptic Crosswords (p25) and Brain Games (p26) at Cronulla and Discussion Group at South Hurstville (p28).
- Harbourside North Region – Castle Cove Retirement Village – Barbara Boston – 12 courses pages 34-35 .
We encourage members to book these events/courses online as part of our pilot project.