Sydney University of the Third Age (Sydney U3A) offers hundreds of intellectually stimulating courses throughout Sydney to people who have retired or semi-retired from the workforce. These courses are a wonderful way to acquire new knowledge and skills in an informal, friendly atmosphere. There are no prerequisites, and no exams. All you need to do is to become a member of the U3A family to participate in our events.
Despite the restrictions of CoVid-19, you can still be engaged in lifelong learning activities via online technologies such as Zoom and email. Currently we are providing more than 120 sessions using such online technologies, across several of our regions. What region are you in? Click here to search for your postcode on the region’s list.
To find courses, click on your region’s website.
- City and Inner West
- Greater Western
- Harbourside North
- Northern Beaches
- Upper North
COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) and Sydney U3A
During the pandemic, Sydney U3A is complying with the governments’ restrictions on meetings and events . Therefore:
- Face-to-face meetings have been cancelled over past months
- In some regions, face to face meetings are slowly commencing. Check your region’s page for news.
- Due to the uncertainty of venues re-opening we will not be printing a Semester 2, 2020 course book.
- Membership will be extended by the period of the shutdown.
- Central Office is currently closed until further notice.
Although our office is closed the phone (02 9267 9056) is being answered remotely by our Office Manager, Lynda Cronshaw.
Whatever your interests, there is a course for you
- What appeals to you? Languages, literature, drama, poetry, music, theatre, ethics, history, geography, travel, writing, current affairs, personal development, philosophy, science and technology, and computers? These are just some of our courses.
- Other activities include singing groups, learning to play music, yoga, tai chi, bushwalks, bird watching, card games, and restaurant visits.
- U3A members can attend courses in any region, not just their local region
- Bookings are essential.
Normally a course book with details of all our courses and activities is posted to members twice a year. You may be interested to read the Semester 1, 2020 Course Book to see our usual offerings. Due to COVID-19 and the uncertainty of venues re-opening and limitations on numbers, we will not be printing a Semester 2, 2020 course book.
Sydney U3A Central Office Address
Suite 10.2, St Martin’s Tower, 31 Market St, Sydney, 2000
Office Hours Monday to Friday, 10am to 1pm (Closed until further notice)
Click here to contact us.