Sydney U3A Central Office
Suite 10.2, St Martin’s Tower, 31 Market St, Sydney, 2000
Office Hours Monday to Friday, 10am to 1pm
Click here to contact us.
The Third Age
Sydney University of the Third Age (Sydney U3A) offers hundreds of intellectually stimulating courses throughout Sydney.
Sydney U3A courses are a wonderful way to acquire new knowledge and skills in an informal, friendly atmosphere. There are no prerequisites, and no exams.
Whatever your interests, there is a course for you
Languages, literature, drama, poetry, music, theatre, ethics, history, geography, travel, writing, current affairs, personal development, philosophy, science and technology, and computers are just some of our courses.
Other activities include singing groups, learning to play music, yoga, tai chi, bushwalks, bird watching, card games, and restaurant visits.
Sydney U3A has seven regions. U3A members can attend courses in any region, not just their local region. Bookings are essential: the booking details for each course are in the Course Book.
The Third Age
The Third Age is the best time of your life!
- Our First Age is childhood.
- Our Second Age is the mid part of our lives, with the responsibilities of career and family.
- Our Third Age is the best time of our lives. A time when we are free to explore, learn, and share knowledge.
Now is the Time…
- to learn something new
- to keep an active mind
- to meet new friends
Ready, Steady, GO!
Whatever your interest, there is a course for you.
2020 Course Booking Pilot
Our on-line booking pilot has been expanded into Semester 1, 2020.The number of on-line booking courses offered this semester has been expanded – ten courses, one event and three series of talks. Details are provided in the region’s entries. They are:
City & Inner West
– Event March 31 – Paddington Art Crawl page 11
Endeavour – Four courses:
– Brain Games at Cronulla, page 27
– Solving Cryptic Crosswords – Intermediate at Cronulla page 27
– Solving Cryptic Crosswords – Intermediate at Gymea page 29
– Discussion Group at South Hurstville, page 30.
Greater West – Three courses and one series:
– Australia: Its History, People, Events and Places at Blacktown page 32
– Mandarin Pies at Parramatta page 33
– Our Words at Parramatta page 33
– Series of Talks at Parramatta (Swinburne University of Technology) page 33
– Series of talks at Watermark Retirement Village page 36
– Series of Talks at Hunters Hill (C A Fairland Hall) page 40
– Friday Films At Castlecove page 37
Northern Beaches – Two courses:
– Balance ‘n’ Bones at North Curl Curl page 52
– Singing for the Joy of Singing at Warriewood page 54
– Truth in History at Turramurra page 62
We encourage members to book these events/courses online.
Click on the 2020 Course Booking Pilot button to go to the booking page.
Online booking is simple and very straightforward starting at your normal login. Should it be needed there is a detailed guide for members.