Endeavour Region U3A Newsletters
December Yellow Page
1 December 2017
- Course Book for semester 1.2018 – The Course Book is now with the printer and no further amendments are allowed.
- Any changes/amendments to the details of any courses will be advise to the members by email and minutes in January 2018, after the Course Book is received by the members.
All leaders are required to check their course details when they receive the Course Book for semester 1.2018 and advise Ted Watson of any changes.
- Included in the new U3A rules and guidelines is a requirement that only financial members of Sydney U3A are permitted to act as booking secretaries. Leaders are responsible for ensuring that this rule is strictly applied.
Just a reminder that in terms of U3A policy no bookings can be arranged for any courses, old or new, until the semester 1.2018 Course Book is received by all members. There are no exceptions.
- New courses and a couple of old courses with new leaders are listed below.
20th CENTURY AUSTRALIAN ADVENTURERS, EXPLORERS AND AERONAUTS – 181EC09 – Leader Chris Beazley (5 sessions).
POETRY FOR PLEASURE………………………………..181EC011 – revamped with new leader Liz Peters
HUMPHREY BOGART – HIS LIFE AND FILMS…….181EC18 – leader Robert Englund
OPEN MINDS – DISCUSSION GROUP……………… 181EC08 – leader Henry Collins
COME, SHARE A BOOK!**(10)…………………………..181EC20 – leader Mary Small
CREATIVE WRITING……………………………………….. 181EG01 – new leader Anne O’Connor
INTERESTING ISSUES AROUND SCIENCE………..181EH04 (Gymea)**(30) 3 new science subjects.
- Committee member changes:
Welcome to new committee member Jack Bell and thanks and farewell to Thelma King for a wonderful contribution as Secretary and Committee Member over many years.
Bronwyn Haddock is retiring from Web Editor and position is to be taken over by Sue MacDonald. We extend our sincere thanks to Bronwyn for her wonderful contribution over the last 4 years and welcome Sue MacDonald to this very important position.
- We are planning a Showcase of courses and an acknowledgment of our leaders’ contribution and a welcome to new members in May 2018, with an afternoon tea in the Cronulla Community Centre
Further outreach activities will be undertaken during Semester 1.2018 in conjunction with Shire Council seminars on Ageing and Volunteers.
- It would appear that the data provided by head office on overdue membership subscriptions is incorrect. Further checking is required.
Return to Endeavour’s Main Page
08 U3A Endeavour Newsletter September 2017
07 U3A Endeavour Newsletter August 2017
06 U3A Endeavour Newsletter July 2017
04 U3A Endeavour Newsletter May 2017
03 U3A Endeavour Newsletter April 2017
02 U3A Endeavour Newsletter March 2017
01 U3A Endeavour Newsletter Feb 2017
11 U3A Endeavour Newsletter Dec 2016
10 U3A Endeavour Newsletter Nov 2016
09 U3A Endeavour Newsletter Oct 2016
08 U3A Endeavour Newsletter Sep 2016
07 U3A Endeavour Newsletter Aug 2016
06 U3A Endeavour Newsletter July 2016
05 U3A Endeavour Newsletter June 2016
04 U3A Endeavour Newsletter May 2016
03 U3A Endeavour Newsletter April 2016
02 U3A Endeavour Newsletter Mar 2016
01 U3A Endeavour Newsletter Feb 2016
Return to Endeavour’s Main Page